Hive Bakery & Cafe
Full Time or Part Time
The barista is responsible for preparing and serving coffee and tea beverages to the bar and dining room guests according to our recipes, procedures, quality expectations, presentation and speed levels.
- Follows established recipes and beverage presentation guidelines and standards.
- Has extensive knowledge of all food and beverage offerings.
- Preps pitchers, steam, and dosed milk during service.
- Sets up americano sets, ice drinks, cups for to go drinks.
- Calls out names and hands out coffee/tea drinks to guests.
- Maintains, stocks, restocks, cleans and organizes coffee bar area.
- Willing to work Saturdays (we are closed on Sunday)
- Must have extensive knowledge of coffee and tea.
- Able to read tickets and organize themselves for a strong coffee service.
- Able to understand English.
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds (bags/boxes) and carry short distances.
- Able to stand and walk during 8-10 hour shift.
- Able to work closely with other staff at a fast pace, under pressure, maintaining quality standards and often in confined areas.
- Able to interact verbally with other employees.
- Able to reach (up to 6 feed overhead), bend, stoop and wipe.
- Have an eagerness to learn and the ability to learn quickly.